Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My background

I wanted to take a few moments to comment on my background. I think it's always important to know that two people can be in a similar situation, but have completely different perspectives on that particular situation. Often times, this comes from the environment that the individual grew up in. It might come from their religous beliefs. Sometimes, friends can leave an everlasting impression and other times, life experience itself shapes an individual. These perspectives can be very helpful, but often times can also be very harmful to the individual. Work ethic, business philosophy, family matters, sales tactics, etc.....are all examples of how an environment in which a person is brought up can greatly influence their actions/beliefs.

While I don't have any exciting stories of getting into trouble, playing hookie in school, or partying it up in college, I would hardly say that my life has been dull. The Lord has blessed me tremendously with two loving parents that have always been there for me and have supported me through every stage of my life. I also have a younger sister that I could pick on growing up to build my masculine confidence (Thanks Sis!! ;) We were your typical conservative, church going, young Texan family that would make a lot of people throw up! I love my family tremendously and having their support throughout my life has shaped me into a secure, self sufficient young adult with the confidence to do many things that others my age simply don't have the courage to do. To be clear, I do not consider myself to be any more mature, talented, intellectual or resourceful than my peers. In fact, one of my best qualities is that I know that I always have to surround myself with people who are a lot smarter and more capable than I am. This is something that I learned from my Dad and it has paid off well.

When I was 7 years old, my mom introduced me to Jesus Christ. What a day!! I remember walking down the isle the next Sunday to tell our Pastor about the decision that I had made to invite Jesus into my heart(Revelation 3:20) and of course he was thrilled. I was baptized the next Sunday along with my Dad(see what I mean about support?) From that point through today, I can look back and see how the Lord has guided me, protected me, surrounded me with certain people, and opened doors for me that otherwise might have never been opened. Many of you might be reading this thinking to yourself, "what a cheeseball!". "Is this blog going to be a bunch of this religious crap?" My answer to you is.... see the title of the blog.

Let's get one thing straight, I love the Lord! I try to demonstrate my love for Him in everything that I do. The way I run my family, the way I handle friendships, and the way that I conduct my business should be a direct reflection of God's word(the Bible). While I constantly fail at my attempt, that's okay because we live in a fallen world and I'm not perfect. However, as long as I wake up every day with the mindset that I am going to serve the Lord with my life, that is all I can do.

I tell you all this to allow you to get to know me as an individual. If you have a glimpse into my background, you might understand me a little better. I hope that I have not scared you off from reading my blog. My intent is to post about my thoughts on all three topics in the blog title. So no matter what background you come from, this will be a good resource for all walks of life!

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. You have had great parents. The criteria for great parents is simple, they love you more than life itself and present our Lord, Jesus Christ to you in such a way that you get it, accept it and live it.

    You have a great testimony despite not having the incredible, sensational experiences that others have had. As I have told you before, if my son grows up to be like you, then I have done something right and I will thank my Lord. You have made me a proud uncle and I am excited to see what you and your bride will accomplish during your lives.

    You are a businessman, entrepreneur straight out of college, father and husband. Always put God first, wife second, children third, church fourth. Serving God has to start in your own home. That is how it works. Never, ever give in to any servitude that changes the order of things. God instructs us to love our wives as Christ loves the church.That is so big we can hardly comprehend it. He doesn't say that we should love our children that much. He never says that our wives should love (agape) us that much. Jesus, Wife, Children and the rest. That is the order. Never forget it. Wife, wife, wife.

    My personal motto is: "Happy Wife, Happy Life".

    I look forward to more of your blog entries.

    Love you and God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete