Sunday, August 16, 2009

Why do business with me?

There are many answers I could spit out right now but I will keep it simple.  Why not?!?!  Before we get ahead of ourselves, let me take a few steps back and remind you who exactly I am talking about doing business with.  I work with business owners who take electronic payments in some form or fashion.  For the most part, I am talking about businesses that take credit cards.  BUT, I am not limited to credit cards.  My company provides and processes Gift Cards, Checks, ATM's, Online Gateways and Online Terminals(our Virtual Terminal product series).  Heck, we even provide some non-traditional services such as Cash Advance, Loyalty programs, and Online ordering systems for all business types.  

So why should you meet with me?  Well, let's start off by talking about savings.  In my industry, I compete with other merchant service companies on a number of things, but the most popular starting off point is processing rates and fees.  As you well know, there are many credit cards out on the market that you could go apply for as a consumer.  There are debit cards, credit cards, rewards cards, business cards, air mile cards, etc.  What you don't know is that Visa/MC/Discover charge businesses to accept these cards.  Every time a business accepts one of these cards, they incur an expense to the card company ranging from 1-3%.  So where do I fit in?  Well, my company is the one that processes the transaction from the point of sale at the business and communicates with the card company to the customer bank and back to the business owner.  How do we make money?  We collect part of the % charged to the business for taking the credit card for payment.  The reason I am explaining all of this is because that is where the competition begins.......how much money is the business being charged?  

Well, first of all, most processors do not disclose all of the rates and fees at the point of the business owner signing up for processing.  I do.  Most processors have a way of hiding fees on the customer statement that is sent out every month for the customer to review.  We don't hide anything.  A lot of sales people for other processors use the old "bait and switch" tactics and talk about a really low "Qualified" rate knowing full well that the business will see mostly cards that hit higher rates due to the card types that they take, namely rewards cards, business cards, and key-entered cards processed over the phone.  I take the role of a payment consultant more so than a sales guy.  I like to educate my customers.  I have learned that this builds trust with the customer and when you have trust, you tend to pick up more customers at a faster pace and with less headaches.  

I always tell prospects that I like to get right down to business.  If I can help them......GREAT!  If I can't.....I will tell them that and walk away.....that is unless I can help them in areas other than price. (We will talk about those at a later time)  Either way, it is a WIN/WIN situation for prospects.  In my career, this approach has worked pretty well.  My partner Clay and I have helped hundreds of customers in the DFW area.  We even saved one customer about $5K per month!!!(they process a lot of volume every month so they aren't all like that)  So back to the question of why would you do business with me?  I'm honest, I don't hide anything, and if I can't help you I will let you know so it is a WIN/WIN for you.

If you are interested or know someone who might be, please give me a call!  817.459.0707-office

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting site you got here. I found it randomly while looking through fans of Liberty and Tyranny on blogger. I am a seminary student in Chicago and an aspiring writer with a blog of my own (rjmoeller.com). Check it out some time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete